Monday, June 15, 2015

The heart of the apple




















What would you choose to do in NYC, if you only had 3 hours to spare before night falls again? For our first time in the city, the answer was clear - of course we should be exploring a part easily traversable by foot that also gives us the option to tick must-sees off of the checklist. I won't pretend as if I'm not a tourist, but I try my best not to be a full fledged one; I don't like to make stops after stops to see things I might not even care about in a 5-second timeframe, but New York City is so well endowed - in terms of icons, that is - that you just can't say you've been here without being there yourself.


This was our route:

Grand Central Terminal
Marvel at the beauty of the ageless beauty of a train station and stop for Shake Shack and Junior's Cheesecake. Accessible by quite a number of metro trains.

Urban Outfitters
521 5th Ave, New York, NY 10175
I'm not going to lie: I have a huge crush on UO and it almost became a personal mission to hunt down all the outlets in North America.

New York Public Library
The façade in itself is so iconic it has been replicated to fit in the New York district in Universal Studios and I was floored by its - pardon the teenage lingo - cool as heck interior. Across the library on 43rd St there's a Zara and Chipotle. The library sits next to Bryant Park, which is converted into a skating rink in winter.

Toys 'R' Us
1514 Broadway at 44th St, New York, NY 10036
We were in and out of the store in minutes, but the ferris wheel was stately... enough for an indoor one.

Forever 21 Flagship Store
1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
It is F21, the flagship is massive and it stays open till 2 in the morning. 'Nuff said.

Times Square
Once Toys 'R' Us comes into sight, you'll find yourself in Times Square already, but this little dot is the heart of it all - the billboards, the lights, the sounds, the people.

M&M's World
1600 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
Walking into the store, it almost seemed as if it wasn't just selling customizable M&Ms/merchandise (also read: cute things I don't need, I'm good with my 50g packs of chocolate) but very possibly tourists too.

No comments:

Post a Comment