Friday, December 26, 2014

The Day After








While I'm up to my eyeballs in all my grand Connecticut escape planning, another holiday has come and gone. I'm a bit of a stickler for tradition and perfection - just as much as I like to plan my trips right down to the tiniest details in the same order, year after year Christmas is the day where I'll put on some festive colours and head out. 

The thing about living on an island with a year-long summery climate is that the air is humid and sticky, very unlike the typical expectations of our Northern friends. What I like to think of how Christmas would be is also much like that of the upper hemisphere - snowy white, cold and full of Christmas trees lined with jolly decorations in hues of red, green, white and gold.

In less than a week we'll be ringing in the new year and with another 2 more weeks I'll be scooting off to the USA for a half-year worth of horsing around - studying, making new friendships and quite literally hanging out with actual horses on another continent. 2015, I'm welcoming you with the warmest hands!

1 comment:

  1. love this look and love this place too !!
    www.yuyufashionbook.com

    ReplyDelete