Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bukchon Hanok Maeul, Seoul
















Tourists and travellers - there is always a distinction between the two, like rival campers at a summer camp. As if the tourist is at no point in time the traveller and the traveller, never the tourist! As much as how I'd love to label myself a traveller, I find myself drawn to tourist attractions at times. Sometimes it's because it's much easier  to plan an itinerary based on tracks left by others, but often, these charming sites bewitch tourists and travellers alike. Bukchon Hanok Maeul (Maeul is Korean for Village) is certainly good-looking; I say this because I am extremely fond of brick and mortar and traditional pads, but judging from the massive crowd that filled the main stretch of the village, it sure as eggs appeals to many others.

Most of these shots were taken from what I would call the outskirts of the village; from when we were first setting foot in and when exiting the main street. It's very tranquil here in the purlieus and we moseyed around here for a much longer time, away from the noise from the troops of tourists being utterly gobsmacked at the sight of their surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment