Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cosmography














One of the days over the week we spent some time at SAM as per one of our annual year-end rituals. This year the exhibition hosted was the local biennale's about the theme of 'If the world changed'. Frankly, if you were to ask me that same question, the odds are high that my reply would most likely concern the apocalypse. I loved the works of Indonesian artists Nasirun and Toni Kanwa the very most (as in sequence pictured). Both were remarkably meaningful and I particularly enjoyed Toni Kanwa's work on the tiny, intricate wood pieces that encouraged multiple perspectives on cosmology. Do visit and approach the friendly gallery sitter (only if he doesn't approach you first!) regarding these beautiful exhibits.

I'm off for a whopping great dinner! X

No comments:

Post a Comment